COVID-19 – IMPORTANT INFORMATION 25/05/2021
It was recently announced that Cyprus has opened its borders to persons travelling from EU member states, member countries of the European Economic Area (including Norway and Iceland), Armenia, Bahrain, Belarus, Canada, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Russia, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
For up to date information regarding the countries' categorization please visit the link:
The travel protocol is based on a traffic-light system of country categorization, with entry requirements varying according to the category. Below are the entry requirements when somebody is travelling to Cyprus.
Entry Requirement Green Orange Red
Cyprus Flight Pass completion
24h prior to departure Yes Yes Yes
PCR test 72h prior to departure
(traveller-paid) No Yes Yes
PCR test upon arrival to Cyprus
(traveller-paid) No No Yes
Mandatory self-isolation upon arrival No No No
Vaccination is not a prerequisite for travel, however, and for people travelling from any of the above-mentioned categories, vaccination certificates are accepted as an additional facilitator. Cyprus considers as authorized for travel, the vaccines Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, Vaxzervia (AstraZeneca), Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sputnik (Gam-COVID-Vac) and Sinopharm (BBIBP COVID-19).
Travelers who can prove they have received all necessary doses of an authorized vaccine will not be required to undergo any tests to visit Cyprus, irrespective of their departure country’s colour categorization. Moreover, they will not be placed in quarantine, even if they were found to be close contacts of a positive COVID-19 case.
The above facilitation will be valid from the date that a vaccine has been fully administered, with the exception of the Jonssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine, where the facilitation will be valid two weeks after administration.
Prior to travelling, all passengers must visit https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/ to find out how they can document their vaccination and issue a Cyprus Flight Pass.
For more information, travelers may also visit www.visitcyprus.com.
- Enhanced health, safety and hygiene protocols have been devised for all hospitality establishments, and extensive training of staff has taken place prior to the destination opening for visitors.
- Physical distancing measures are followed in all parts of the destination, so that people who do not belong to the same travel group maintain a reasonable distance from each other (the minimum area occupied per person should be 2 sq. meters outdoors, and 3 sq. meters indoors).
- Frequent ventilation is taking place in all indoor areas, so that air conditioning can be enhanced with regular input of fresh air.
- Antibacterial gel is available in all establishments, at entrances, reception areas, lounges, public toilets, lifts etc.
- Use of masks is compulsory in all indoor areas (taxis, buses, diving/safari jeeps, lifts, theaters, malls, etc.) and outdoor public places. Areas where people are seated whilst consuming food and beverage are excluded (restaurants, coffee shops, bars, snack-bars, lobby bars, etc.). Also exempted are beaches, swimming pools and instances where persons are exercising.
- In any case, travelers should always consult the Visit Cyprus website for the latest information on this matter, as procedures are likely to change at very short notice.